Like I mentioned earlier in the year, this month would be a fairly quiet one, and it has been. This is mainly due to the fact that I will be attending a concert in Auckland in less than a week's time, and I've been busy preparing for that (as well as being held up at my day job).
The concert, of course, is Roxette and it will be their first ever gig in New Zealand. This will be a special event for me because:
1. Roxette is the band that inspired me back in the early 90's to consider a music career as an option.
2. They are the band that inspired the early days of my first band attempt, Swede.
3. Being their first gig in NZ, this is sort of a historic event for both them, the country and myself.
They were supposed to have performed here at an earlier date, but before they could make it into the country last time, there was an illness and the concert had to be cancelled. I was unable to purchase any tickets at the time, so I was relieved that they announced the gig that's coming up. It gave me time to prepare for the day they went on sale. I've been ready for this concert for months now.
This may be the only blog entry I post this week because of how much more that needs to be done before heading up there, so I shall go over a few things you should expect from us shortly after I return...
1. There will be a blog review of the concert including the setlist, info on their opening act - Boom Crash Opera (which I find to be an interesting choice considering the name of Roxette's 1994 album, "Crash! Boom! Bang!") - and much more.
2. Just like the early days of Swede, seeing Roxette playing live may give me a strong jolt of inspiration, which will help towards the recording sessions for Swede's album, "Time Traveller", which I intend on releasing before this Christmas.
3. Forbes and I have talked about meeting up after returning to Christchurch to sort out the final batch of Gosney tracks that are stored on his PS2 memory card.
4. I will also resume recording the next EP for n-Somnia.
That's about it for now. The next time you see anything new on the website will probably be at least one of the things I've just mentioned. If anything else comes up before the weekend, I'll most likely mention it the first moment I get. Apart from that, stay safe and I'll see you in a little over a week's time!